I’m trying to connect JabRef to a LibreOffice (LO) Writer file. I was able to before but can’t now–I think because I’m now using the LO snap under Ubuntu.
Trying to connect automatically fails.
Trying to manually with these settings (while a LO Writer file is indeed running and after installing libreoffice-java-common):
- Path to OpenOffice executable: /snap/libreoffice/44/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice
- Path to OpenOFfice library dir: /snap/libreoffice/44/lib/libreoffice/program/classes
Also fails, generating this error message:
Could not connect to running OpenOffice.
Make sure you have installed OpenOffice with Java support.
If connecting manually, please verify program and library paths.
Error message: File not found: /snap/libreoffice/44/lib/libreoffice/program/classes/program/classes/unoil.jar
Given that it somehow replicates “program/classes/” in its search, I tried using, e.g., “/snap/libreoffice/44/lib/libreoffice” (and similar options) as the path to .jar files instead to no avail.
Does anyone have any idea how to establish an OpenOffice/LibreOffice connection under these circumstances?
Thank you in advance.
- Using this build of LO:
- Version: 22.214.171.124
- Build ID: libreoffice-126.96.36.199-snap1
- CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.10; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
- Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: group
- Using JabRef v 2.10
- Using Ubuntu 16.04