Creating Topics via Mail is not working

I keep trying to post a question via e-mail. Last month Mattias told me the address to use is help@discourse-mailer.jabref.org. However, when I send a message to this address it never appears reflected to me. This suggests it’s never seen by the software that is supposed to control it. I do receive messages others post but not mine.

Some, perhaps many, of us linux users use non-GUI mail user agents such as alpine and mutt. Mail lists push entries to subscribers while web fore require loggin in and pulling messsages to read them. I’m one of the many who prefers mail lists. I hope the mail interface for posting can be fixed.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Hi Rich,
I’ll investigate this later when I’m back on a PC where I can check our cinfiguration of the mailing…

I’ll investigate this later when I’m back on a PC where I can check our
cinfiguration of the mailing…

Thanks, Mattias. It’s not an immediate concern now that you told me how to
restore display of the groups interface when jabref is opened.

Regards,

Rich

Short update here: I confirm, that creating a topic via mail is currently not possible.

The configuration generally has not been changed, and still seems to be fine… so this will require some effort to dig for the exact reason. Unfortunately, my time is currently quite limited so I cannot promise to fix this soon.

@matthiasgeiger Could this be due to the name display change?

@matthiasgeiger Could this be due to the name display change?

Christoph,

I don’t know to what you’re referring, but when messages arrive in my
inbox (such as yours), the from and reply to addresses look like this:

From jabref@discoursemail.com Thu Nov 17 14:52:29 2016

This works now. Sorry for the delay.