Direct renaming of files

Hello everybody,

Is it possible to add (or to point it out, if i missed it) the function of arbitrary renaming of attached files directly from JabRef. So that it won’t be needed to edit both file name and corresponding entry.

Thank you

0 Likes

(Christoph) #2

Hi,

you can specify a filename pattern in the settings and then either right click on the file -> Rename
or you can specify a cleanup operation “rename files” which does this for the files from the selected entries.

http://help.jabref.org/en/CleanupEntries
Regards
Christoph

0 Likes

Thanks, Christoph. Unfortunately both these methods are batch methods. What I’m asking about is a possibility to directly assign given filename to the attached file via JabRef interface without creating some new pattern which I won’t use for other files.

0 Likes

(Christoph) #4

Hm, well simply rename the file at the file system and re attach it to the entry?
Sorry, I am currently having problems understanding your workflow

0 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m doing. Either this or editing the corresponding field in .bitex file after renaming the attached file. But it would be nice just to make a right click on entry and have “rename attached file” option, which would only require to enter new name once.

0 Likes

(Christoph) #6

Wait, if you do a double click on the file in the general tab you can modify the name I think

0 Likes

Unfortunately, no. This action leads to pop-up window in which you can edit file link, but the file itself should be renamed separately.

0 Likes

(Christoph) #8

I then would say, please open an issue (enhanment)

0 Likes

Ok, did it. Thank you.

1 Like