Shortcut for navigating among the tabs in entry edit window?

Is there any keyboard shortcut for navigating among the tabs in entry edit window?
(I’m using 4.0beta2.)

Hi,

yes CTRL + TAB, CTRL + PLUS

you can check and edit all keybindings in the Manage Keybindings dialog under options -.> Manage keybindings

Thanks for your reply…

But the shortcut keys do not work for me.
CTRL + TAB only moves around toolbar and CTRL + PLUS does not work at all.
I’m using 4.0beta2.jar under Windows 10.
Can you please check this problem?

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. Indeed you were right, there was still a problem where the keybindings were not correctly consumed. I fixed this. Please try again with the latest master snapshot from here;
Should be ready in a couple of minutes:

http://builds.jabref.org/master/

Now CTRL+ PLUS, CTRL + MINUS etc work all correctly.

Thanks much for your quick revision.
I have tested with the latest snpshot, and I have found that CTRL + TAB (CTRL + SHIFT + TAB) works perfectly but CTRL + PLUS and CTRL + MINUS do not work.
I guess CTRL + PLUS and CTRL + MINUS might collide with the shortcuts for font size ( under the View menu).

I have one more question (or request).
Can I use the CTRL + TAB shortcut right after entering the entry edit window?
At the moment, I have to focus on the tab in the entry edit window to use CTRL + TAB shortcut.
I mean that I would like to do CTRL + E (edit entry) and then CTRL + TAB (tab navigation).

Hi,

thanks for your quick answer!
I forgot to add that you might need to reset the keybindings in the dialog and restart JabRef afterwards.
The problem with the font size should be solved in this snapshot (if you are in an entry editor field, the entry editor navigation is done, outside the font size is triggered)

However, the keys only work if you are in an entry editor field, e.g you first have to click in one field.

I mean that I would like to do CTRL + E (edit entry) and then CTRL + TAB (tab navigation).

This sounds like a good idea. I will see if we can make it possible to focus automatically the first field in the tab

1 Like

Hi,

The excellent function “auto-focus on the first field in the tab when editing entry” seems not working after the recent version up to v 4.2.
Can you have a look at this function?
My JabRef version is as below.

JabRef 4.2
Windows 10 10.0 amd64
Java 1.8.0_171

Hi,

thanks for your report! I could reproduce this issue. It seems the search field is focused instead of the first field in the entry editor. I’ve created an issue at github to track that problem.

1 Like