How to install jabRef in Chromebook

Hello,
I tried to install jabRef on Chromebook but the installer does not work. Does it work on Chromebook/linux Beta? What is the procedure for installation?

I think that flatpak is supposed to work on the Linux environment in certain chromebooks…
It’s amd64 only, but if your chromebook is compatible it should work…
It might need some tweaking though.
Another possibility is the .deb file. You can download that and install with apt install

Nope, that does not work. I have an x64 processor (intel rather than AMD) but the deb causes the error:

Error while installing package: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 3

and leaves a broken package as shown in the previous post.

I tried with the portable version. It runs but I get these error before opening the GUI…

./JabRef 
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized format specifier [d]
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized conversion specifier [d] starting at position 16 in conversion pattern.
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized format specifier [thread]
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized conversion specifier [thread] starting at position 25 in conversion pattern.
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized format specifier [level]
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized conversion specifier [level] starting at position 35 in conversion pattern.
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized format specifier [logger]
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized conversion specifier [logger] starting at position 47 in conversion pattern.
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized format specifier [msg]
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized conversion specifier [msg] starting at position 54 in conversion pattern.
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized format specifier [n]
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized conversion specifier [n] starting at position 56 in conversion pattern.
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized format specifier [d]
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized conversion specifier [d] starting at position 16 in conversion pattern.
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized format specifier [thread]
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized conversion specifier [thread] starting at position 25 in conversion pattern.
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized format specifier [level]
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized conversion specifier [level] starting at position 35 in conversion pattern.
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized format specifier [logger]
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized conversion specifier [logger] starting at position 47 in conversion pattern.
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized format specifier [msg]
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized conversion specifier [msg] starting at position 54 in conversion pattern.
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized format specifier [n]
ERROR StatusLogger Unrecognized conversion specifier [n] starting at position 56 in conversion pattern.
Oct 15, 2020 10:13:24 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$1 run
INFO: Created user preferences directory.

(JabRef:2695): Gdk-WARNING **: XSetErrorHandler() called with a GDK error trap pushed. Don't do that.

@Gigiux Ah that’s good to hear that it works.
May I ask which version you installed? 5.1?

The logger output is a known issue, but can be ignored,

You can also try the latest dev version from here: https://builds.jabref.org/master/

Yes, it is 5.1. If the log is not a problem, then I think the problem is over. I’ll try 5.2, thank you.

The log you reported is not really an error, it’s something you can ignore.
I guess the issue with the deb regards the postinstall part that copies the extension parts.
we can add an if condition to exclude chromebooks from that part…

EDIT: @Gigiux could you test the output of uname in the linux shell in chromeos?