Workflow help with Citations and Bibliography

Ok… this is what I’ve got so far.

I put all my webpages into electronic format, instead of making my own entry type.
I added this line of code to the .jstyle:
electronic=\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7]{\author} (\year\uniq). \title. \begin{url} Retreived from: \url\end{url}

using iandol’s template as a base and adjusted a few other things.

The only thing is that now, some of the authors are italicized, and some of them are not. I don’t want them italicized. Do you see why this could be happening?

PROPERTIES
Title=“References”
IsSortByPosition=“false”
IsNumberEntries=“false”
ReferenceParagraphFormat=“Hanging indent”
ReferenceHeaderParagraphFormat=“Heading 1”

CITATION
AuthorField=“author/editor”
YearField=“year”
MaxAuthors=“2”
MaxAuthorsFirst=“5”
AuthorSeparator=“, "
AuthorLastSeparator=” & "
AuthorLastSeparatorInText= " and "
EtAlString=" et al."
YearSeparator=“, "
InTextYearSeparator=” "
BracketBefore=“(”
BracketAfter=“)”
BracketBeforeInList=“(”
BracketAfterInList=“)”
CitationSeparator=“; "
UniquefierSeparator=”,"
GroupedNumbersSeparator=“-”
MinimumGroupingCount=“3”
FormatCitations=“false”
CitationCharacterFormat=“Text Body”
MultiCiteChronological=“false”

LAYOUT
article=\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7]{\author} (\year\uniq). \title. \journal, \volume\begin{number}(\number)\end{number}, \format[FormatPagesForHTML]{\pages}. \begin{doi}doi:\format[DOIStrip]{\doi}\end{doi}

book=\begin{author}\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7)]{\author}\end{author}\begin{editor}\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7)]{\editor} (\format[IfPlural(Eds.,Ed.)]{\editor})\end{editor} (\year\uniq). \title\begin{edition} (\edition ed.)\end{edition}\begin{volume} (Vol. \volume)\end{volume}. \address: \publisher. \begin{url} Retreived from \url\end{url}

incollection=\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7]{\author} (\year\uniq). \title. In \format[Authors(FirstFirst,Initials,Amp,7)]{\editor} (\format[IfPlural(Eds.,Ed.)]{\editor}), \title\begin{edition} (\edition ed.)\end{edition}\begin{volume} (Vol. \volume)\end{volume}. \address: \publisher

inbook=\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7]{\author} (\year\uniq). \chapter. In \format[Authors(FirstFirst,Initials,Amp,7)]{\editor} (Ed.), \title\begin{edition} (\edition ed.)\end{edition}\begin{volume} (Vol. \volume)\end{volume} (pp. \format[FormatPagesForHTML]{\pages}). \address: \publisher.

thesis=\format[AuthorAbbreviator,AuthorAndsCommaReplacer,NoSpaceBetweenAbbreviations]{\author} \year\uniq. \title. \format{\type}. \format{\school}, \address. \begin{pages}\format{\pages}p.\end{pages}

default=\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7]{\author} (\year\uniq). \title. \journal, \volume\begin{number}(\number)\end{number}, \format[FormatPagesForHTML]{\pages}. \begin{doi}doi:\format[DOIStrip]{\doi}\end{doi}

electronic=\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7]{\author} (\year\uniq). \title. \begin{url} Retreived from: \url\end{url}

I don’t know why the \begin url… \end looks italicized above… it is not in the .jstyle file.

Ohh, nvm, I know… bc I have … around the title in the code.

Yes, the JStyle file is relatively easy to understand. One point that may be causing problems, it looks some of your settings quotes are being made “curly” when I assume they should be “straight”, i.e.

IsSortByPosition="false"

NOT

IsSortByPosition=“false”

Maybe this is causing some parsing error that stops settings from being read?

One other point it you can merge adjacent citations using the [merge citations] button in the Jabref LO panel.

1 Like