A few questions regarding the UI, the entry editor and others

@undercover For the protected terms: It does exactly what you want, it’s intended (for LaTeX users) to keep the casing of the term. It’s also preferable to encapsulate a whole term instead of a single letter, e.g.
{JabRef} instaed of {J}ab{R}ef as it prevents Kerning issues

There is just missing documentation on our help.

Thanks for the information, but I would still have to apply that manually to each title, right?

And after checking that entry on the TeXFAQ, it really doesn’t make much sense to be editing the title itself in my library, when that metadata should reflect precisely the content that the entry has, so either I’ll find a way to add that filter to JabRef when exporting my library to a custom file (something which I have yet to explore entirely, as just uploading the .bib file includes lots of unwanted content) or change my bibliography type in my document.

Well, it depends on your use case. The protecting of terms also prevents JabRef’s cleanup from mangling the fields, if it encounters a term that is in a list of protected terms.

Unfortunately, there is not yet an automatic cleanup action Refs: Cannot find how to protect terms listed in "Protected terms files" (i.e. enclose between {}) - #3 by madamwest