Assign colors to groups

It would be nice to be able to assign colors to groups. This way, entries in the “All entries” view could be easily associated with a specific group (e.g., if you have different groups for different topics: Main topic, Related work, Other etc.).

I think this would improve the standard “Mark specific color” a lot in the way that users would be able to assign not only 5 colors but way more than 5 by just adding a new group for each topic (and then assign one color per group).
Furthermore, the standard colors which are assigned by executing “Mark specific color” don’t give the entries a semantic meaning. This would be improved with this features since the assigned color gives the entries an immediate association with the topic.

Please vote if you support this proposal:

• I would like to have this feature, too!
  • I don’t care.

0 voters

That would be nice, but I do not see how to make this work with the group hierarchy.

I think in principle this is a good idea. How would you color an entry which is matched by more than one group (with color)?

In the latest development version, it is now possibly to change the icon and color of a group. What is still missing is that entries assigned to the group are marked in the correct color.