Dear Jabref Developers,
This is 1st time that I use this software and I found it way different than what I expected.
- It seems this gives an impression not for reference job but for a personal library job; if this is the intention JabLib would be a better name.
- The panel design is clean but not using space efficient enough: left panel is rather fixated at group I suppose and if only web search is needed the left panel can be sufficient for search results as well rather bringing a new window! Maybe in future we can have tags of what left panel is functioning.
- bib library table is rather squeezed with more features than it intended: rather than tags, file, weblinks, the fields like author, title, proceedings are way more important but have been queued after columns of file attachment and weblinks; it seems a compact view mode would be important for Jabref to function so that it can focus on just referencing jobs.
- there is a bug at library table column width settings: when you drag between columns, it does not dynamically show the change of width of columns and sometimes it directly freeze at a certain width and cannot respond to further adjustments until some delay.
- Regarding the data structure, Jabref directly uses bib file as libraries, and you can have multiple libraries, which unfortunately does not makes sense: you can have multiple bib files perhaps for different paper uses and each of them includes an entry of a same paper, which then should be considered as duplicates in your big and whole library. As working with hundreds of papers and books, it seems a general library setting would make more sense and you can generate as many as you want reference/bibliography lists from your library as bib files.
Please forgive my language and almost nonsense comments.