Jabref Comparison - Sächsiche Landesbibliothek - Juli 2018

Hi there,

not my personal feedback - but i guess maybe your also interested in it:

just in case you haven’t seen it - Jabref in a comparison by the Sächsiche Landesbibliothek from Juli 2018 with Pro and Cons:

Actually the mentioned cons are the one thing i will give a try if i got the time to play around with jabref some more.

Thanks for the feedback and regarding the cons with SharedDatabase:
There has been some improvement over the time and we also have an issue/PR which was a proof of concept for the connection with sharelatex/overleaf. https://github.com/JabRef/jabref/pull/2866

If you find other papers/articles not mentioned in our wiki, please drop us a line:

Regards

1 Like

Not saying that integreation with collabotative tools hurts- but actually i think they do not mean “working together on a text” by that - but what is mentioned in the cooperation lines.

Sharing library datasets with others, and working/editing together using the same the literature manager.
As my main focus for jabref ist the literature managment and not writing texts using it - this is what i want to establish at some point also.

Sharing library datasets with others, and working/editing together using the same the literature manager.

This is exactly what is already possible using the SharedSQL Database. Page Redirection
The idea of the sharelatex/overleaf integration was/is simliar. Only syncing of the bib files’s contents. Not collaboratively editing text.