Jabref no longer connecing to Libreoffice on Ubuntu 18.04.2

Dear Folks,

I recently got a Dell XPS laptop with Ubuntu 18.04.2 installed. Fantastic. Installed Jabref and Libreoffice, my normal go-to combo. Great. But jabref won’t connect to Libreoffice any more: I get this message:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not on FX application thread; currentThread = pool-3-thread-2
at com.sun.javafx.tk.Toolkit.checkFxUserThread(Toolkit.java:229)
at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.checkFxUserThread(QuantumToolkit.java:423)
at javafx.stage.Stage.(Stage.java:241)
at javafx.stage.Stage.(Stage.java:227)
at javafx.scene.control.HeavyweightDialog$1.(HeavyweightDialog.java:52)
at javafx.scene.control.HeavyweightDialog.(HeavyweightDialog.java:52)
at javafx.scene.control.Dialog.(Dialog.java:263)
at javafx.scene.control.Alert.(Alert.java:245)
at javafx.scene.control.Alert.(Alert.java:223)
at org.jabref.gui.FXDialog.(FXDialog.java:49)
at org.jabref.gui.FXDialog.(FXDialog.java:39)
at org.jabref.gui.FXDialogService.createDialog(FXDialogService.java:69)
at org.jabref.gui.FXDialogService.showInformationDialogAndWait(FXDialogService.java:130)
at org.jabref.gui.openoffice.DetectOpenOfficeInstallation.selectInstallationPath(DetectOpenOfficeInstallation.java:48)
at org.jabref.gui.openoffice.DetectOpenOfficeInstallation.autoDetectPaths(DetectOpenOfficeInstallation.java:62)
at org.jabref.gui.openoffice.DetectOpenOfficeInstallation.isInstalled(DetectOpenOfficeInstallation.java:37)
at org.jabref.gui.openoffice.OpenOfficePanel$1.call(OpenOfficePanel.java:350)
at org.jabref.gui.openoffice.OpenOfficePanel$1.call(OpenOfficePanel.java:344)
at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1423)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I am really not a code-y person, so I have no idea what to make of this. Any help would be hugely appreciated. I suspect the answer is out there online already, but I haven’t been able to find it.

Thanks, Earlski

This should be fixed in the latest development version. Could you please check the build from http://builds.jabref.org/master/. Thanks! Please remember to make a backup of your library before trying-out this version.

Despite that also make sure that you don’t have installed LibreOffice as snap, but as regular package.
And see also here.
http://help.jabref.org/en/OpenOfficeIntegration#known-issues