JabRef on Windows without Java?

Hey guys,
I use JabRef at work for my thesis. Unfortunately since Jave became with costs, my university deinstalled Java on our computers. When I open JabRef now, the following message occurs: “No JVM could be found on your system. Please define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed 64-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from www.java.com”.
Do I can still use JabRef on my computer and if so: how?
Thanks you for answers and kind regards,
Julian

JabRef relies on Java, and there is no way to use JabRef without it. If you have admin rights on your PC, you can install Java on your own (it is also possible to install java without admin rights, but that’s more involved - please google it). What might also work is that you may find a JRE that was installed as part of another program (e.g. an IDE or CAS). Then you can point the Java_HOME environment variable to this folder and everything should work. Or try to speak with your IT department and find a solution of how to enable Java for you (there are so many Java-based programs so that they are probably used to this kind of queries).

HI, Java is still free, only the Oracle Version will cost money if used for commercial purposes.
However, you can talk to your IT department and tell them that they can install an alternative JAVA 8 SE version, for example Amazon Corretto or Zulu FX.

It is important to install a version with JavaFX support.

Regards