Table of recognised sources from pdf entry

The concept is that each time you insert an entry from a pdf, the reference section gets recognised and a table of the mentioned sources is created. The user can then select the source/s of interest and add them to the library.

Have you tried Grobid already or are you using JabRef without Grobid?

If you have not tried Grobid yet, check out this thread: Extract information from PDF import

Soo, if i download version 5.7 from the main branch for example am i good to go ??

Yes, you can use the development version, but you also can use the stable version 5.6.

@Christos_Kazasis @Christos_Kazasis_1 Please try out the latest build from https://builds.jabref.org/main/. Ensure that GROBID is NOT activated.

Then, there is a context menu for the entry:

That should give you what you are looking for. Tested for IEEE, but hopefully works for other publishers, too. If not, please try to find an open-access paper and share it with us. Then, we can work on it. (As follow-up to Add logic for parsing references from last page of PDF by koppor · Pull Request #11156 · JabRef/jabref · GitHub).

A howto how to use the new feature is described at Parsing references from the PDF.

I will close this thread to guide new interested persons to the new thread in the forum.