Import from Reference text

Can anyone show me an example of a textual reference that is actually successfully parsed by the importer?

I tried several formats, they all fail silently. I even tried the example from the manual with the same results.

Here is my procedure:

• Open the Plain References Parser (Ctrl-Shift-N)
  • Paste a reference (i.e the following from the manual: O. Kopp, A. Armbruster, und O. Zimmermann, “Markdown Architectural Decision Records: Format and Tool Support”, in 10th ZEUS Workshop, 2018.)
  • Click “Add to current Library”

The window closes, I get a little label at the bottom of the screen saying the reference is being parsed, then the label disappears and there is no reference in the main table, no message errors, nothing.

Is anyone using this new(-ish) feature?

I have been trying to use this, also unsuccessfully.

I tried pasting the BibTeX citation from the example in the user reference, and I get the messages “Your text is being parsed…” followed by the message “There are connection issues with a JabRef server. Detailed information: Could not process citation. Connection refused.”

I suspect this is broken.

Just as historical note. The feature was very old - and we had some manual assignment possiblity:

jabref-textimport1

We then had some local text-based parsing.

However, this did not always work, therefore, we are using Grobid’s capabilities. This should work “good enough”.

If not, please report back. We maybe have synergies with our new offline reference-from-PDF feature. We provided a description of it at Parsing references from the PDF.