Incorporate docear4word into jabref 4?

(zerkang) #1

Hi, I started using Jabref from version 2. But it is ugly to insert jabref entries into ms word untill docear4word appeared. Docear4word can insert entryies in a bibtex file into ms word in a convenient manner. However, it will attractive connect jabref with word directly.

May I ask that could the comming jabref 4 push entries into ms word directly? If that, I think jabref will be the most powful tool, instead of endnote or zotero.

(Oliver Kopp) #2

We are very well aware of the plugin and extracted the code to However, we currently have no resources for developing the plugin further. We also cannot pay anyone to do it. Docear is in a similar situation:

Maybe you know a developer who wants to volunteer here? We would be very happy to support.

(zerkang) #3

Sorry for that. I’m not a programmer yet.

Furthermore, when an entry in Jabref was deleted, its related files had better be moved into a trash subdirectory automatically. Will it come into effect in the next version?

(Oliver Kopp) #4

Please file a feature request at It is a kind of thing a beginner can do and which we can thus get linked from

(Christoph) #5

Regarding linked files, the current 4.0 dev version has the option to delete the file on disk or to just remove the file link from the entry.