DOI retrieval not working anymore

Hi everyone,

until recently, my JabRef was always able to retrieve bibliographical information about books and articles by DOI. These last days, it did not work anymore. I first thought it was a problem with the specific DOIs I provided (in that there is no inforrmation about them in the database), but I got suspicious and I have now seen that even for entries I am completely sure I created using the DOI-based information, JabRef cannot obtain any info anymore.

What could be a reason for this behaviour? I am running JabRef 3.8.2 on Win 10.

Crossref changed a few things on there side which broke the DOI feature. It should work again in the most recent development version. But please be aware that this version is still in a pre-release state and some things might not work as expected (so in particular make a backup of your database).

1 Like

Thank you a lot for your reply, that is very helpful information. This means that a safe DOI feature will in all likelihood again be included in the next release version?

Yes, of course, we are committed to keep the DOI / Crossref support. Hopefully, the new version will be released in around a month.

1 Like

Hi there , new development version gets part of it back … but then freezes jabber completely, thus still not usable…

@Jan_Coenen can you please report any issues you have with the most recent development version at https://github.com/JabRef/jabref/issues. Thanks!