Error in connection to Ubuntu 20 L.O. 7.1 even if document is connected

I’m sorry, I can’t reproduce this on my system, but I will try next week to look at it more.
Any detail you can give me on what versions of the program, java, system you are using would help.
The only thing that atm comes to mind is that the oracle versions of java can have issues (I remember a while back some things not running properly). But I’ll look into it and try to replicate your setup.

I quickly tried with the normal apt-installed libreoffice, and the jabref deb from index - powered by h5ai v0.29.0 (https://larsjung.de/h5ai/) and everything worked with no manual intervention

Thank you all for your help. It is a weird issue since I normally use JabRef on other two Ubuntu machines without any problem. What shall I check that is specific to this machine?

I don’t know if this might help, but when I try to connect to the office path, I get an access error, and the list of directors inside /usr/lib that I get from JabRef is not the same that I have on gnome…

What could be this discrepancy due of? (it does not happen in the other two ubuntu machines with Jabref on) Can I give the path directly without using the browsing window of JabRef?

EDIT: sorry for the late reply…
the discrepancy is normal if you’re running a snap, since they have a different filesystem structure.
On the deb it shouldn’t change…

I don’t get it: how can be a discrepancy of the preferred method of installation is via snap? the manual says: " On Ubuntu , you can use snap install jabref to get the latest stable version from snapcraft." Anyway, I can’t still connect with JR 5.2 installed from the deb file.

What I meant is that the different filesystem layout is a characteristic of snaps (they are confined, so the program can only access parts of the system).
The error should not be there, so that is the part that I’m looking at (that is not normal)

Hello, yesterday I downloaded the new release 5.3 and it worked fine (fingers crossed). I don’t know what the developers did, but it was good. Thank you! Case finally closed.

2 Likes

Thanks! Glad to hear that it works now.

Might be due to updated LO library dependenceie