JabRef differences in [shorttitle] between versions 3.8.1 and 4., not discounting ‘the’, ‘a’, ‘an’, 'of' in titles

Greetings,
I am working with two versions of JabRef on two windows machine. If I have a title “A paper on the workings of the world” that I want to generate a BibTeX key for in JabRef using the [shorttitle] key pattern I get two different results. For version 3.8.1 I get a BibTex key of:

“paperworkingsworld”

and on version 4. I get

“apaperof”

In both cases, I have [shorttitle] as my default patterns in JabRef. How can I get version 4.1 to discount the unimportant works like it does in version 3.8.1? I don’t want to just update everything to 4.1 as then I won’t be able to generate the BibTeX keys in the style I want.

If there is not a way to revert back to the old formatting style could I request this as a feature?

I previously asked this question on tex.stackexchange.com, that conversation can be found here:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/430855/jabref-differences-in-shorttitle-between-versions-3-8-1-and-4-1-not-discounti

Hi,

thanks for the proposal. I have adapted the code and created a PR. When the PR is reviewed and merged )in a couple of days or so), the changes will be avaiable in the latest JabRef master version.

Regards
Christoph

Amazing! Thank you so much. Time (almost) to update all my Jabref installs.