Menu "Update references"

Currently, JabRef can look for references based on the title. It can also update a reference based on the DOI and the ISBN.
It would be convenient to have a “Update references” menu. JabRef will look at all the (selected) references, and based on its various engines (title search, DOI, etc.), look for complementary information about the references, and open the merge citation window.

Essentially, everything is already in JabRef to do it. Hence, this feature is about proposing a new workflow.

Please vote if you support this proposal:

• I would like to have this feature, too!
  • I don’t care.

0 voters

If I understand you correctly, then this is already possible. You can use the “Update with bibliograrphic information from the web” button (looped arrow) on the left toolbar in the entry editor.

Nice!
Currently, you have to select one entry, and then the type of information (DOI, etc.). It would be nice if that was possible to do for a set of entries, and for more than one type of information at a time.

3 Likes

did they added this support now or not??

It is possible to look up DOI in bulk via Lookup > Search document identifier online > DOI

For single entries, there is both a right click menu called Get bibliographic data from DOI/ISBN/...

and the Update with bibliographic information from the web button (looped arrow) on the left toolbar in the entry editor.

While it is possible to select multiple entries and then press Update with bibliographic information from the web, only one entry will be updated. In JabRef 5.11, it is not possible to update multiple entries at the same time.