Scite Integration

Hello! My name is Josh Nicholson and I am the co-founder and CEO of scite (scite.ai). scite is a new platform introducing “Smart Citations” – citations that allow users to see how a scientific paper has been cited by providing the context of the citation and a classification describing whether it provides supporting or contrasting evidence for the cited claim.

We’ve recently developed a Zotero plugin that shows which articles in a user’s library have received a supporting or contrasting citation (GitHub - scitedotai/scite-zotero-plugin: scite zotero plugin). I was wondering if we might be able to do something similar with Jabref.

Our badge is free to embed so perhaps integration is straightforward? (scite.ai

Best wishes,
Josh

HI,

thanks for your interest in JabRef!
Your feature proposal sounds like it could be a valuable addition. We will discuss your proposol in our next devcall on Monday and keep you informed with our decision.

Regards
Christoph

1 Like

Thanks! Here’s our API docs in case that helps facilitate the discussion: Scite API Docs

This is Add support for scite.ai · Issue #375 · koppor/jabref · GitHub :slight_smile:

We would be very happy if you could work on this. We gathered starter information at https://contribute.jabref.org/. Feel free to ask for help here or on Gitter.

Looking forward to news. :tada:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve shared it with the team. We will get to work on it soon!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. May I ask whether you need some support from our side?

If there is bandwidth on your end to help, that would be fantastic. We’ve been pulled in a lot of directions and haven’t been able to get to this yet.

I think our API docs should provide enough detail from our end (Scite API Docs). If not, we will try to get to it soon. It would be really cool and our data is a lot more robust now.