Two questions about group and delete an entry

Hello everyone!
I experienced two problems recently when I use JabRef 3.8.2.
The first one is about the group function. I have a group named ‘Unread’ and under this group, there is a subgroup named ‘rss’. If I drag one entry to the subgroup ‘rss’, I found that this entry is not automatically added to the group ‘Unread’. However, in my opinion, the entry should be added to the higher level group when it is added to a subgroup.
The second one is about deleting an entry. Usually, we have pdf files attached to an entry. My problem is when I am trying to delete an entry, how can I delete the attached pdf files easily and simultaneously.
Any help would be much appreciated!

With My Best Regards,
Liu

When creating groups to are asked whether the entries in the subgroup should belong to the hierarchically upper group or not. You can add that behaviour using edit group.

I have the pdf organized independantly of jabref. I would not dare to let jabref decide whether an PDF should be deleted or not. Therefore I think you will not get help on your second question.
Kind regards
Bernhard

Hi,

regarding your second question, in the current 4.0 dev version (soon the release), we added a confirmation dialog if you just want to remove the file from the entry or to delete it on disk.

Regards
Siedlerchr

Dear Bernhard,
Thanks very much for your reply!
Do you mean I should change the option to Include subgroups under the Hierarchical context in Edit group? My current option is Independent group.

With My Best Regards,
Liu

Dear Christoph,
Thanks very much for your reply!
That function sounds great. I am wondering whether it is possible to delete the attached pdf file simultaneously when I want to delete one entry in the new version JabRef?

With My Best Regards,
Liu

Yes, I think so. :paw_prints:

Dear Bernhard,
It works well right now.
Thanks very much for your help!

With My Best Regards,
Liu