"Subtree closing"

Hi,

yesterday, I’ve installed the 4.0 version of JabRef. I’m missing the function “Subtree closing”. My database has numerous kewords entries plus even more sub-keywords. I urgently need the feature to close all subtrees in order to see only the top-level keywords. Is there any way for doing so? In 3.x, that feature was given, but now, I’m missing that.

Best regards

Bernd

You may click an the “>” sign to the right of an entry in the tree panel. I wonder whether that is what you want.

Dear Bernhard, thank you for your reply, but this is not what I need. I have a data base with a lot of groups and subgroups. In the older JabRef version, there was the command: “Collapse subtree” (I think that was the name). With this command, I closed all subtrees, just the top level groups remained. This is what I am missing urgently. At the moment, I need to close every group. It takes so much time to navigate throught the database. The JabRef tool is almost unusable, at the moment. I’d appreciate any help on this. Best regards Bernd

Just make a double click on the root node you want to stay open. Then the subtreee will be collapsed - and expanded if you make a doube click again

This is also a big problem for me and NOT fixed by the above.
You have to double click on each top level keyword in order to close the tree leaving top-level keywords visible (like v3)- this is very difficult when there are a large number of top level (level below root) items. In Jabref 3 the right click menu had a collapse sub-tree item which at the root level (All entries) left top level items not collapsed. This was the most useful state.
In V5.0 double click on the “All entries” item collapses everything which is not what I want - there is no way (as far as I can see) to expose just the next level items as another double click re-expands the tree again with all the sub items expanded as they were before it was closed.
This is a show stopper for me - I’m still using version 3.2.