APA citing with Libreoffice using a .jstyle sheet

Adding a .jstyle module for APA6. I have created one, though not perfect here: https://github.com/astaria12/jstyle_APA

I am not sure if this place on github was the best place to post this, but I thought other users would love to be able to cite APA. I found this quite the hassle.

Please vote if you support this proposal:

• I would like to have this feature, too!
  • I don’t care.

0 voters

Hi,

thank you for your contribution!
It would be really nice, if you could add your style file to the jstyles Repo and if you either specify a custom license, or agree with the default one (CC-BY-4.0)
There we have a cental place where we collect all custom styles:

Best Regards
Christoph

@astaria12 Thank you for the .jstyle
I have edited it so that it works correctly for me according to this guide to apa style.

NAME
APA6 style

JOURNALS
Journal name 1
Journal name 2

PROPERTIES
Title=“References”
IsSortByPosition=“false”
IsNumberEntries=“false”
ReferenceParagraphFormat=“Hanging Indent”
ReferenceHeaderParagraphFormat=“Heading 1”

CITATION
AuthorField=“author/editor”
YearField=“year”
MaxAuthors=“2”
MaxAuthorsFirst=“5”
AuthorSeparator=", "
AuthorLastSeparator=" & "
AuthorLastSeparatorInText= " and "
EtAlString=" et al."
YearSeparator=", "
InTextYearSeparator=" "
BracketBefore="("
BracketAfter=")"
BracketBeforeInList="("
BracketAfterInList=")"
CitationSeparator="; "
UniquefierSeparator=","
GroupedNumbersSeparator="-"
MinimumGroupingCount=“3”
FormatCitations=“false”
CitationCharacterFormat=“Text Body”
MultiCiteChronological=“false”

LAYOUT
article=\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7]{\author} (\year\uniq). \title. \journal, \volume\begin{number}(\number)\end{number}, \format[FormatPagesForHTML]{\pages}. \begin{doi}doi:\format[DOIStrip]{\doi}\end{doi}

book=\begin{author}\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7)]{\author}\end{author}\begin{editor}\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7)]{\editor} (\format[IfPlural(Eds.,Ed.)]{\editor})\end{editor} (\year\uniq). \title\begin{edition} (\edition ed.)\end{edition}\begin{volume} (Vol. \volume)\end{volume}. \address: \publisher. \begin{url} Retreived from \url\end{url}

incollection=\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7]{\author} (\year\uniq). \title. In \format[Authors(FirstFirst,Initials,Amp,7)]{\editor} (\format[IfPlural(Eds.,Ed.)]{\editor}), \title\begin{edition} (\edition ed.)\end{edition}\begin{volume} (Vol. \volume)\end{volume}. \address: \publisher

inbook= \format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7]{\author} (\year\uniq). \chapter. In \format[Authors(FirstFirst,Initials,Amp,7)]{\editor} (Ed.), \title\begin{edition} (\edition ed.)\end{edition}\begin{volume} (Vol. \volume)\end{volume} (pp. \format[FormatPagesForHTML]{\pages}). \address: \publisher.

phdthesis=\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7]{\author} (\year\uniq). \title (Doctoral Dissertation). Retrieved from \url

mastersthesis=\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7]{\author} (\year\uniq). \title (Master’s Thesis). Retrieved from \url

default=\format[Authors(LastFirst,Initials,Amp,7]{\author} (\year\uniq). \title. \journal, \volume\begin{number}(\number)\end{number}, \format[FormatPagesForHTML]{\pages}. \begin{doi}doi:\format[DOIStrip]{\doi}\end{doi}

1 Like

@cjpoor Thanks for your edit, it would be nice if you could submit your style as well to

That’s great Christopher! Good to see the edits :slight_smile: