Scrolling by typing a name does not work in 5.x

In earlier versions, you can scroll through the database by typing the name of the author, if the DB is sorted by name. It seems to be not possible any more in verisons 5.0 and 5.1.
Is this suppose to be like this or do I miss something in the settings?

Thanks!

JabRef 5.1–2020-03-31–98ece73
Windows 10 10.0 amd64
Java 14

I’ve had that same issue too - I was using this feature all the time and really miss it. I’d be very interested in hearing a solution in case it is still possible and a setting controls it!

JabRef 5.0–2020-03-06–2e6f433
Linux 4.15.0-99-generic amd64
Java 13.0.2

You are lucky, this just been fixed in our latest development version:
https://builds.jabref.org/master/

Pleas remember to make a backup of your library before trying out the new version.

Regards

This totally fixed it, thank you so much!! very glad it was fixed.

Actually, in this last version the connection with libreoffice is broken :frowning: It stays stuck saying “Autodetecting paths…” (even as the path is correct) when I try to connect to a document. Should I report this somewhere? I guess I’ll roll back in the meantime, looking forward to the next release!
Thanks again.

Thanks! What a relief!

Two small remarks. First, if Author is selected, the search wheel turns for very long time. If Bibtex key is selected, it is ok.
Second, if no column is selected, it does not search at all. It would be better if it still searches by Author or Key by default.

Actually, in this last version the connection with libreoffice is broken

Which OS and LO version are you using? You can report an issue here JabRef e.V. · GitHub

@Mors Thanks for the feedback. Could you also please open an issue here?

Here are OS/Jabref versions:
JabRef 5.1–2020-05-12–ce49261
Linux 4.15.0-99-generic amd64
Java 14.0.1

I’ll start an issue on github.