Group instability

Hello,

JAbref work very well but I have a problem with the 3.8.2 release Windows version (I was the same with 3.8.0 version) : I have tried to use manual groups and I can’t drag and drop in a manual group.
With the command “add to group”, “move to group” or with dynamic group it’s the same.
Sometime references in the groups appear then disappear.

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi,

I suggest you try out the JabRef 4.0 beta (or a more recent snapshot) from http://builds.jabref.org/master/ as with Version 4.0 the group interface got a major overhaul.

But be aware that the 4.0 is still in beta, so consider making a backup of your bib file before.

Regards

Great. I’ve downloaded JabRef.4.0 that seem very interesting but we have some confidential reports and I would like to know how I could deconnect Mr.D Lib research please.
Thank you,

You can disable the recommendation feature of Mr. DLib in the preferences, Options -> Preferences -> Entry Editor -> Uncheck ‘Show recommendations’.

Hi,
I have another question about groups.
Is it possible to select several groups at a time (with “AND” operator) as in 3.8 version or is it planned?

Regards,

I have my answer : I have downloaded the more recent snapshot 4.0 and It’s OK.

2 Likes

Hi,
I have Windows 7 and there is still instability with snapshot 4.0.
Today, until Jabref 4.0 will be OK, is there a solution with Jabref 8.2 release please ?
I have all bibtextkeys fieds filled and I don’t anderstand why the content of groups are changing.

Thank you very much if you can help me

What kind of problems do you experience with the current 4.0 version? Concerning the groups feature, I’m not aware of any big bugs in the current development version. Can you please report this issues at https://github.com/JabRef/. Thanks.

Hi,
In fact, this is not a problem with groups but Jabref bug. To restart I have to stop JAbref.
My PC have 4 GB Ram and Processor is Intel® Core™ i3-4130 CPU -3,40GHz.
I have downloading again Jabref 3.82 . With this release, is there a bug with group or is there a solution to avoid this group instability?
Thank you
Have a good day.