Improvement for "Change case: Title case"

Hello everyone,

this has been requested already earlier in this post, however, without any reaction. Hence, I decided to bring it up again: The “Change case” feature is amazing to keep the bibliography clean, however, the “Title case” feature does format “english-speaking” to “English-speaking” whereas many papers are rather “English-Speaking”.

This seems to be an easy feature to implement and I would highly appreciate it.

I wasn’t allowed to post this with the poll that was part of the template.

Thanks for the feedback, The TitleCaseFormatter operaters on a simple heuristic jabref/TitleCaseFormatter.java at main · JabRef/jabref · GitHub and it respects protected words.

As a current workaround, it should be possible to add words like “English-Speaking” to the list of protected terms (in newer version: Options → Preferences → Protected Terms file
Protected terms are wrapped in curly braces {}
You can then also add new terms to the list directly from the context menu

Thanks a lot!

I understand that the heuristic doesn’t do that at the moment. I propose to extend it, however, don’t see myself able to implement it.

Anyhow, I tried to work with your workaround and it seems that the protected terms file gets removed whenever I restart Jabref. Not sure what’s up with that.

@hildebrandecon Indeed, there seems to be something wrong with the preferences (I could reproduce it in current dev version as well). Can you please file a bug report? Issues · JabRef/jabref · GitHub
Thanks!

@hildebrandecon I created an issue A new protected terms file in the preferences is gone after a restart · Issue #8608 · JabRef/jabref · GitHub and a fix is on it’s way.