New feature: Could comments add attached files?

Could comments add attached files?
Because I want to take notes in the Jabref.
Thanks.

Here comes the feature description…

Please vote if you support this proposal:

• I would like to have this feature, too!
  • I don’t care.

0 voters

I am not sure what you are asking about. Do you want to view comments made in the PDF file inside of JabRef?

No, when I take notes in a PDF, it can be seen in the Jabref. However, if I create a new word to take it as a note for the PDF, I cannot insert it in to the comments of Jabref (I don’t want to insert it in the file with the original PDF file)

I routinely link files to entries that are not the document that is referenced, but some other kind of related file. Did you try that? How does that differ from your proposed feature?

This note-taking function has been done in Citavi, zotero beta. But this function can also be archived by pandoc + markdown note + bib (reference manager). I think all in one is a wrong direction for reference manager. JabRef still needs more things to do to polish the reference management functions instead of note function.

@malacology, thank you for your voice. I would suggest you address in other posts the features that you look for to improve referencing.

I am proposing something different elsewhere – allow for richer note taking within JabRef: Allow user to focus on note-taking on an entry